Save The Date!
2022 ANNUAL CONFERENCE
APRIL 21 – April 23, 2022 – Virtual
Have Conference Questions? Send an email to: email@example.com
Registration – Schedule – Fees – CEU Information –
Registration is Open – Click here.
Thursday, April 21
8:00 AM to Noon (DEC Ticket Required to Attend)
- Circles from the Start: Magical Inclusive Early Care & Education (Kristie Pretti-Frontczak & Julie Causton)
1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Early Childhood Research Symposium (This event is hosted by the Nevada Institute For Children’s Research & Policy. There is a separate registration for this event and there is no cost. Register online at bit.ly/5AECRS.
5:00 PM to 6:00 PM
- Masks and Emotions: A Summary of Research and Suggested Techniques to Improve Social Emotional (Howard Giles & Ruby Sydnor)
- E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Nevada Scholarship Program (Bridget Perez)
- 1-2-3-4-5 Once I Caught a Fish Alive: Building Math Skills Through Music and Movement (Jocelyn Manzanarez)
- Mind in the Making: Practical Applications for Focus & Self Control (Glenda Billingsley)
Friday, April 22
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- KEYNOTE: Maintaining Hope in the Post-Pandemic World (Arianna Howard)
1:30 PM to 2:30 PM
- Maintaining Hope in a Post-Pandemic Workplace (Arianna Howard)
- Child Centered Mindset (Sarah Wright & Rebecca Vizina)
- QRIS: Creating an Environment to Promote Learning and Engagement (Amber Ogle & Karen Mack)
- Self Care (Kelly Techo)
- Top Tips for Trainers – Lose the Lecture and Engage Learners! (Teresa Byington)
3:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Doing right by children: Embracing trauma-informed and equity-minded practices in early education (Melissa Burnham, Tricia Woodliff, Jennifer Mortensen, Lydia DeFlorio, and Amber Marshowsky)
- White Teacher & White Kids: Thoughts on How to Introduce Racial Diversity in Your Program (Tiffany Olivas)
- Let’s Go to Space – Space and Activities in the Early Childhood Classroom (Dione Gantt)
- Health and Nutrition for Children (Suzanne Hoyt)
- Rejuvenate Your Purpose and Passion (Erin Skaggs & Janelle Jamero)
5:00 PM to 6:30 PM
- Nevada Silver State Stars QRIS Virtual 90’s Party! Costumes are highly encouraged. (Please note this event is for anyone employed at QRIS participating programs. To register, click here.
Saturday, April 23
8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- KEYNOTE: The Power of One Positive Person (Gigi Schweikert)
10:00 AM to 11:00 AM
- Winning Ways for Partnering with Families (Gigi Schweikert)
- Did You Know? Resources in the BRIGANCE Online Management System (Lauren Armour)
- Into the Wild: Teaching Core Subjects through an Environmental Lens (Laura Short)
- Wonderschool (Tiffany Ralston)
11:30 AM to 1:00 PM
- 2021 Early Educators of the Year work at QRIS Programs…Let’s chat! (Tiffany Olivas)
- Everyday Play and The Growing Brain (Nicholle Goldstein)
- Staff Orientation to Nevada Silver State Stars QRIS (Mychelle Weart & Emily Champlin)
- Dual Language Learners (Mirna Mejia & Mary Regan)
- Nevada Pyramid Model: Teaching Problem Solving and Friendship Skills Using Visual Supports (Amber Ogle)
1:30 PM to 3:00 PM
- Introduction to Mind in the Making (Mary Regan)
- Annual QRIS Update: The State of QRIS in Nevada! (Emily Champlin)
- The Early Childhood Educator: From Stress to Stress-LESS (Kelly May)
3:30 PM to 5:00 PM
- New and Expanded Resources for Child Care Providers (Lela Arney & Janna Rightmire)
- Let’s Talk About It: Skills for Addressing Employee Performance (Brianna Cambra)
- Project Approach/Project-Based Learning (Rebecca Tate)
- New Generation of PBS KIDS! (Mayte Heredia)
CONFERENCE COST AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
DEC Day Price: $50 (This is a separate cost from the conference.)
NevAEYC/DEC Member Full Conference Prices: $99
Non-Member Full Conference Prices: $149 (This includes a one-year entry level membership to NAEYC.)
Presenter Fees: $50. Accepted proposals will receive one free registration.
CONTINUING EDUCATION UNITS
Nevada Registry Approved Training Hours: We are planning for up to 12 or more training hours to be available for attendance all days!
Department of Education Credits: Participants will receive certificates of attendance identifying the number of hours of training completed. For participants needing credits through the Nevada Department of Education, you will submit the certificate towards fulfilling required training credits.
For 2022, the conference is virtual.
Sponsor and Exhibitor registration for the 2022 NevAEYC Annual State Conference will available. For more information, please contact John Cregg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 775-327-0678.