T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Nevada
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Nevada is funded by the Office of Early Learning & Development (OELD), and administered by the Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (NevAEYC).
Teacher Education and Compensation Helps (T.E.A.C.H.) was developed by the Child Care Services Association in 1990. The first T.E.A.C.H. Program was launched in North Carolina and has since spread to more than twenty states. Nevada awarded our first program scholarship in 2005.
T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® Nevada addresses specific issues within our workforce, including under-education, poor compensation and high turnover within the early childhood field. This scholarship program delivers a unique resolution to these issues by providing an opportunity for assistance with higher education, access to increased compensation for early childhood professionals, and incorporating the element of commitment in an effort to reduce the turnover rate in Nevada’s early learning programs.
The goals of the T.E.A.C.H. program are to:
- Increase the compensation of early childcare professionals
- Provide educational scholarships for professionals working in licensed child care center or home care to complete Early Childhood Education degrees or certificates
- Reduce staff turnover rates for participating early learning programs
- Increase the knowledge of early childhood professionals working with young children
- Assist early childhood educators in receiving the recognition they deserve
If you would like to learn more about Nevada’s T.E.A.C.H. Early Childhood® scholarship opportunities, please take a moment to visit the program’s website.