Founded in 1926, NAEYC is the world’s largest organization working on behalf of young children with nearly 100,000 members, a national network of over 300 local, state, and regional affiliates, and a growing global alliance of like-minded organizations.
Since 1926, NAEYC has worked to:
- Support excellence in early care and education
- Improve teaching and learning
- Support individuals working in the field of Early Care and Education (ECE)
- Promote and public policies which support young children and their families
AEYC members work in a variety of ECE settings including but not limited to child care centers, preschools, public schools, private homes, before and after school programs, community agencies, licensing and regulation, and resource and referral. Together, we support excellence, inclusion, innovation, and community in the field of early childhood education.
In Nevada, there is a State Association, two local Affiliate Groups, and active student groups. Nevada has over 800 members statewide. The Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (NevAEYC) serves as the regional affiliate organization for NAEYC.
Vision and Mission Statement
Values and Beliefs
Our core values are defined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct and are deeply rooted in the early childhood profession. In addition, we seek to be a high–performing, inclusive organization that is enriched by and continually grows from our commitment to diversity, as embodied by our core beliefs.
We uphold these values and beliefs in all our interactions and initiatives:
NAEYC Membership is open to all individuals who share a desire to serve and act on behalf of the needs and rights of all young children. Members join NAEYC through their community Affiliate Group. That way you receive all the benefits of NAEYC membership and enjoy the benefits of membership in local, state, and regional early childhood organizations at the same time! Your total dues amount reflects dues for each organization to which you belong, depending on how your state is organized. Dues vary by state and community. Learn more on our membership page.
Statewide Affiliate Activities
- Annual Early Childhood Conference
- Quarterly Newsletter via the NevAEYC Listserv
- Continuing Education Workshops
- Networking, Leadership, and Volunteer Opportunities
- Advocacy and Public Policy Support for children, families, and Early Childhood Education (ECE) at the State Legislature
- Support, technical assistance, and quality enhancement activities
- Special Events – Week of the Young Child, ECE Awards Night
Para los miembros que hablan español
Para más información sobre NevAEYC, por favor llame a Terry Randolph, (775) 353-5550 ext. 36190.