The Southern Nevada AEYC is a local chapter of the Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children and the National Association. SNAEYC serves individuals working in early childhood education in the Las Vegas/Clark County area. They sponsor educational events, advocacy activities, special events such as the annual ECE Awards Night, and have regular membership meetings.
SNAEYC Governing Board
- President: Keana Sullivan
- President Elect: Open
- Treasurer: Mikaela Carter
- Secretary: Denise Sydney
- VP of Public Policy: Dianne Farkas
- VP of Professional Development: Glenda Billingsley
- Membership Chair: Tameka Henry
- Members-At-Large: Ron Barakat, Eileen Quinn, Maria Marinakis, Kelly May, Mary Regan
For information contact board members at Nevaeyc.SNAEYCRepresentative@gmail.com.
SNAEYC Fall Mini-Conference
The Foundation of Early Learning: Social-Emotional Development
Saturday October 15, 2016
Hosted by: College of Southern Nevada (CSN) Early Childhood Education Lab Program
A day of dynamic conference sessions focusing on Social Emotional Development will be presented!
Six Nevada Registry Credit Hours Pending
Sponsored by: Discount School Supply
Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy
The Southern Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (SNAEYC), in collaboration with Nevada AEYC (NevAEYC) is pleased to present the Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy!
SNAEYC is looking for individuals, who would like to develop their leadership skills, and mentors, to support our future leaders, in the Early Childhood Community. The Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy requires a 9 month commitment from participating emerging leaders and mentors.
The Academy consists of:
- A Leadership Mixer
- Attendance at the SNAEYC Fall Educational Development Conference
- Monthly Seminars (total of 48 hours of The Nevada Registry Approved Training)
- NevAEYC State Conference Attendance
- Early Childhood Leadership Project
- Meetings with a Mentor
For more information on how to be a part of the 2016-2017 academy please contact Teresa at email@example.com
Week of the Young Child (WOYC) – Family Fun Day Celebtration