The Southern Nevada AEYC is a local chapter of the Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children and the National Association. SNAEYC serves individuals working in early childhood education in the Las Vegas/Clark County area. They sponsor educational events, advocacy activities, special events such as the annual ECE Awards Night, and have regular membership meetings.
SNAEYC Governing Board
- President: Keana Sullivan
- President Elect: Open
- Past President Elect: Lillie England
- Treasurer: Mikaela Carter
- Secretary: Tracy Lewis
- VP of Public Policy: Dianne Farkas
- VP of Professional Development: Ron Barakat
- Membership Chair: Chifon Rhodes
- Accreditation Chair: Open
- Member-At-Large Technology Chair: Tracy Lewis
- Members-At-Large: Angela Triche, Eileen Quinn, Carrie Paldi, Maritza Acevedo, Maria Marinakis, Maria Ginelsa, Teresa Cosgrove, Tameka Henry, Debbie Kaye, Jarrod Dickens
For membership information contact Lee Tuazon at (702) 486-1460 or contact us.
SNAEYC Educational Development Conference
SNAEYC MINI- CONFERENCE: FAMILY ENGAGEMENT: IT TAKES A VILLAGE MINI-CONFERENCE
Saturday March 12, 2016
College of Southern Nevada
3200 E. Cheyenne Avenue—North Las Vegas, NV 89030
$30 for Members; $45 for non-Members
6 Nevada Registry Credits Pending
Hosted By: College of Southern Nevada’s Early Childhood Education Lab Program
Sponsored by Constructive Playthings and Tout About Toys Endless Solutions for Learning
Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy Now Available!
The Southern Nevada Association for the Education of Young Children (SNAEYC), in collaboration with Nevada AEYC (NevAEYC) is pleased to present the Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy!
SNAEYC is looking for individuals, who would like to develop their leadership skills, and mentors, to support our future leaders, in the Early Childhood Community. The Emerging Leaders and Mentors Leadership Academy requires a 9 month commitment from participating emerging leaders and mentors.
The Academy consists of:
- A Leadership Mixer
- Attendance at the SNAEYC Fall Educational Development Conference
- Monthly Seminars (total of 48 hours of The Nevada Registry Approved Training)
- NevAEYC State Conference Attendance
- Early Childhood Leadership Project
- Meetings with a Mentor
The academy will take place the 3rd Saturday of the month from September 2015 to April 2016 from 9am-3pm. For more information please contact Teresa at email@example.com
Week of the Young Child (WOYC) – Family Fun Day Celebtration
The SNAEYC’s Family Fun Day, was held on April 18th, 2015! For those of you that missed out on the fun, we hope that you decide to join the SNAEYC for next year’s WOYC event!